With a big holiday weekend upon those of us in Malaysia, and end of year holidays coming up as well in many countries, this may be a good time to familiarise ourselves with our check-in options when we fly. Of course, all the suggestions here are equally applicable to travel whichever airline you fly, but we have some neat YouTube clips from AirAsia to share, so here you go.
During peak travel times (holiday periods), it’s advisable to:
- Check-in from home, using the web or mobile app or use one of the many self-check-in kiosks at the airport either AirAsia or common check-in kiosks.
- Pre-book enough baggage allowance, it’s much more expensive to add more when you get to the counter. (Do you have a set of luggage scales?) **Baggage counters close one hour before scheduled departure time.
- Remember, you can only take one piece of cabin baggage onboard, that’s limited to 7kg pretty much everywhere these days and they do check.
- Arrive early at the airport – three hours prior to scheduled time of departure gives you time to get through all the formalities and reach your departure gate when there are lots if others trying to ‘fight’ with you.
- If you’re part of a group booking, have reduced mobility or special needs, you need to check-in at the counter, so allow extra time for that.
- And if you’ve left it until the last minute, you can even purchase a ticket from the ticket kiosk (near Row Z) at KLIA2.