Malindo Air’s free baggage allowance for economy passengers will change for flights booked on and after 1st December 2017. The changes affect only flights on jet aircraft, not those serviced using the airline’s ATR 72 models.
Free baggage allowance changes – the details
Bookings made and ticketed until 30th November 2017 will have the current free baggage allowance.
Free Baggage Allowance
The baggage allowance for Economy Class passengers has been revised to 25KG across the entire Malindo Air network from 1st December 2017.
- This includes Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Amritsar (ATQ) & Delhi (DEL) for both inbound and outbound segments.
- The revision also applies to codeshare flights on Malindo Air’s sister airline, Batik Air (ID).
- Free baggage allowance for Dhaka (DAC) and Chittagong (CGP) remains at 35KG.
- The free baggage for ATR 72 flights will remain at 15KG.
The two (2) piece luggage restriction has been relaxed. Passengers may carry more than two pieces of luggage, with total weight within the permitted free allocation. However, any request made at the airport. beyond the maximum allowed allowance is subject to excess baggage charges.
Capping of Allowance
With effect from 27th March 2018, Malindo Air will set a capping of total baggage allowance (free baggage + prepaid baggage) for ease of operational requirement.
- For Boeing flights:
- All routes except Dhaka (DAC): 50 KG (25 KG free baggage + 25 KG prepaid baggage)
- Dhaka (DAC): 55 KG (35 KG free baggage + 20 KG prepaid baggage)
For ATR operations: The maximum allowed prepaid baggage allowance applies to all routes: 35 KG (15 KG free baggage + 20 KG prepaid baggage)
For codeshare and interline flights, including Batik Air (ID), Lion Air (JT), Wings Air (IW), Thai Lion Air (SL) and Turkish Airlines (TK), the maximum baggage allowance per passenger follows the operating carrier’s requirement.
More information – check the Malindo Air website.