If you’re stuck for something to do this weekend, why not head for ‘Destination: GOOD’ at WUF9 in Kuala Lumpur and shop for a cause.
Destination: GOOD at WUF9
The World Urban Forum 9 (WUF9), takes place in Kuala Lumpur from Feb 7th-13th, 2018.
What and When?
- AirAsia Foundation is bringing its Destination: GOOD pop-up store to the city center of Kuala Lumpur for the duration!
- The pop-up store is part of the Social Enterprise Market of the WUF9 village, a collaborative effort between Think City, Urbanice and the Kuala Lumpur City Hall.
- They aim to create an urban village concept alongside the main World Urban Forum event.
- Social Enterprise Market @ 2 Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur
What can I buy?
- You’ll have a choice of over 200 sustainably produced items from Asean social enterprises.
- Homegrown social enterprises whose products are available at the market are
- Malaysian Unity of Cultures (MUOC),
- Bingka KL and
- Batik Boutique.
- From Asean, the store features selections from
- Selaka Kotagede silversmiths from Indonesia,
- Rags2Riches artisans from the Philippines,
- Folkcharm weavers from Thailand and
- Zo Project paper-makers from Vietnam.
Check out the graphic for information on a series of talks, workshops and activities featuring Asean social entrepreneurs.
These events will be over the weekend of 9th to 11th February 2018, hosted by AirAsia Foundation.
Come along to learn new skills or acquire fresh knowledge about social entrepreneurship.
Interested participants should register by email to [email protected] or in person at the Social Enterprise Market @ 2 Hang Kasturi from Feb 7th, 2018. For more details, please visit AirAsia Foundation Facebook page. For more information on Destination: GOOD, see our stories from September 2015 and November 17.