Sabah reopens with AirAsia promo flights available from RM13 within East Malaysia and RM99 to/from the Peninsula. The airline has increased flights to, from and within Sabah from 1st November in response to the further relaxation in entry requirements for Malaysians and non-Malaysians into the state for domestic tourism.
Sabah reopens: new normal
Sabah Covid-19 disaster management committee has announced that out-of-state visitors no longer need entry approval from the state government and police starting 1st November.
Travellers must be:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and
- present a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR or RTK-Ag test result
- Travellers between 12-18 years old must have received at least one dose of the two-dose Covid-19 vaccine
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by fully vaccinated parents or guardians
Promo fares available
Book seats until 7th November, for one-way flights from Penang, Kuala Lumpur and other cities to Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Tawau starting from RM99. One-way flights within and between Sabah and Sarawak start from RM13.
The flights are available for booking on the airasia Super App by clicking on the ‘Flights’ icon, for travel between 8th November 2021 and 29th October 2022. Travellers with credit accounts may use their credits to redeem these flights. Promo seats are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
AirAsia is operating almost 300 weekly flights from 1st November, connecting Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Tawau in Sabah with Kuala Lumpur and other key cities in the Peninsula and Sarawak. This is a 75% increase from the current 170+ weekly flights.
Tourism is Sabah’s third largest economic contributor after agriculture and manufacturing, supporting more than 80,000 jobs in the State. You can enjoy the best that nature has to offer with its many beautiful islands, mountains, delicious fresh food and friendly people.
AirAsia assures travellers they have the highest safety standards in place as part of its robust Covid-19 mitigation plan including
- accepting only fully-vaccinated guests onboard
- mandatory check-in via the airasia Super App
- integrated with vaccination records on MySejahtera
The airline expects to launch their FACES facial recognition boarding system across their network soon. This will make the entire journey fully digital and contactless.
For more information on:
- Self Check-in service and how to use it to verify vaccination certificates,
- visit the AirAsia Support Page here.
- Flight changes, click here to chat with AVA
- For flight change fee click here
- Latest flight status visit airasia.com/flightstatus.
Stay up to date with all the best value travel and lifestyle deals from the airasia Super App by following @airasiasuperapp on Instagram and Facebook! Download your airasia Super App from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery.