AirAsia is offering promotional deals to travellers on their resumed flights to quarantine-free Thailand from 5th November 2021. Thailand has recently welcomed fully vaccinated visitors from any country to visit Thailand leading to the resumption of AirAsia Malaysia (flight code AK) between Kuala Lumpur and Thailand.
UPDATE: The requirement for PCR testing on arrival has been removed at a meeting on 22nd April, the details are available HERE. All incoming travellers will be classified by their vaccination status.
Quarantine-free Thailand promo fares
To kickstart the resumption of quarantine-free travel to Thailand, AirAsia will initially operate four flights weekly from Kuala Lumpur, two each to Bangkok and Phuket. More routes will be added and frequencies increased as the travel demand grows. This will depend on the reopening of more leisure destinations in the near future, subject to approval from the authorities.
You want just flights? Flights + hotel? or separate hotel booking?
- Book flights until 7th November 2021, to Bangkok and Phuket from RM50 one way for travel between 5th November 2021 and 28th February 2022 using the ‘Flights’ icon on the airasia Super App.
- Secure great value flights+hotel deals through the ‘SNAP’ icon on the Super App starting from just RM239 for travel within the same period.
- Or book your hotels separately on the ‘Hotels’ icon in the app and select hotels listed under SHA Plus
- get an extra 10% off with the promo code AAHOTEL10.
Fully vaccinated travellers from Malaysia who wish to travel to Thailand must meet the requirements set by the Thai Government prior to purchasing their flights and upon arrival.
…. We are excited and fully ready for the resumption of flights to Thailand. From an operational standpoint, we have extensively prepared to ensure all of our guests can travel safely, seamlessly and with peace of mind. Riad Asmat, CEO AirAsia Malaysia
AirAsia has seen an overwhelming response for guests travelling with the Phuket Sandbox programme with over 8 times flight seats sold with strong forward bookings, signalling a strong rebound in leisure travel.
Nongyao Jirundorn, Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand for Malaysia & Brunei added that Thailand has also approved an extra 17 countries (from the previous 46) eligible for entry to a quarantine-free Thailand, making the total now 63. They have also lowered the Insurance requirement of USD 50,000.
AirAsia has spent the period of downtime in travel over the past 20 months to further improve and revamp its flight procedures and processes. In the highest interest of safety and wellbeing of all its guests and employees, only fully-vaccinated employees will operate flights and be on-duty at airport terminals. The airline assures travellers the highest safety standards are in place as part of its robust Covid-19 mitigation plan including:
- accepting only fully-vaccinated guests onboard,
- making it mandatory to check-in via the airasia Super App
- which integrates with vaccination records on MySejahtera
Stay up to date with everything e-commerce from the airasia super app by following @airasiasuperapp on Instagram and Facebook for the latest updates on airasia super app’s e-commerce offerings.