With the promise of reopened state and international borders in Malaysia and countries across the region, AirAsia Malaysia is making preparation for full resumption of its AK coded flights. A statement from the airline confirms that AirAsia will only accept fully-vaccinated passengers on its flights. They have made it mandatory for only completely vaccinated adult passengers to be allowed to board its flights, effective immediately. Passengers under the age of 18 if unvaccinated or partially-vaccinated must be accompanied by fully-vaccinated parents or guardian. Domestic services will take off as interstate travel resumes in Malaysia, to be followed by international flight services as country borders reopen.
Fully-vaccinated passengers, fully-vaccinated crews
This initiative is part of the airline’s Covid-19 mitigation plan to ensure the highest safety standards for all passengers and employees. All AirAsia flights are operated only by fully-vaccinated crew, this applies to ground operations and baggage handling staff as well.
AirAsia has also made it mandatory for all guests to check-in via the airasia Super App as this allows them to pass through the airport clearance and boarding process with an e-Boarding Pass. This significantly reduces physical interaction including via paper and is key in curtailing the spread of Covid-19 and other viruses. Subject to certain exceptions, check-in fees shall apply for check-in at the airport check-in counter.
Download the airasia Super App on your smartphone and make full use of the app. Apart from checkin-in, it is the only all-in-one app you’ll need for your journey. You can make flight and hotel bookings, complete checking in, health document verification, boarding with the e-Boarding Pass, contactless boarding with FACES and inflight services onboard.
AirAsia has undertaken numerous contactless technological innovations and improvements that provide for enhanced comfort and a hassle-free door-to-door experience for guests.
…. The decision to accept only fully vaccinated guests for boarding is made in the best safety interest of our guests and employees. All our flights are operated by only fully-vaccinated pilots and cabin crew and this applies to all our ground services as well. We have also put in place numerous service enhancements and integration via the airasia Super App. AirAsia Malaysia CEO Riad Asmat
The statement for passengers
Before you book your flight with AirAsia, please take note of the following requirements to ensure a smooth travel experience:
- Ensure that you (and your family) are eligible to travel. Please check on any travel restrictions or special requirements for travel to your destination, including health documents and full vaccination certificate. These requirements may change from time to time so we advise that you check with the authorities for the latest updates.
- Ensure that you are fit to travel. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, do not proceed with your travel plans. As a responsible traveller, we encourage you to perform a Covid-19 self test before your flight to ensure that you are safe to travel and protect others you may get in contact with throughout the journey.
- Only fully-vaccinated guests are accepted to board AirAsia flights. You have to be fully vaccinated and have passed the vaccination maturity period as well as classified as “Low Risk” or “Casual Contact with No Symptoms” status under MySejahtera in order to be accepted for boarding.
- AirAsia has made check-in via the airasia Super App mandatory to minimise physical contact and crowding at the airport. You can easily do this via the airasia Super App as early as 14 days before your departure date. Simply scan or upload any required vaccination or health documents during the online check-in process for real-time verification.
- Counter check-in service will only be available for guests with reduced mobility, those travelling with an infant (under 24 months of age), and young guests travelling alone.
- A counter check-in fee will apply to guests not specified above.