Malaysia Airlines is making some changes to their Enrich Programme. Two major changes have been flagged in emails sent out to Enrich members over the past week or so.
Enrich members – New Reservation System
Enrich members will be affected by the upcoming System upgrade due to kick in the weekend of 10th June 2017. While the system is offline, you’ll be unable to check or redeem your Enrich Miles. This will be between 9.00pm Malaysia time (GMT +8 hours) on 10th June until it resumes progressively from 6.00am Malaysia time (GMT +8hours) on the 11th June.
The Changes include:
- a new dynamic redemption
- more fare options subject to seat availability
- available on Malaysia Airlines and MASwings* operated flights
This will not be applicable on Malaysia Airlines codeshare and Malaysia Airlines marketed flights.
Redemption changes for Enrich members
The updates include:
- Flight redemption on Malaysia Airlines operated flights will no longer be based on fixed Award Miles.
- Redemptions will be based on fares offered. This gives Enrich members greater flexibility when making selections. They will also vary depending on seat availability, passenger demand and seasonality.
- You will be able to redeem in full, using miles, or combine miles and cash for flights.
- Cash payment for fuel surcharges in applicable markets will no longer be added.
- You’ll use fewer miles for Child ticket redemptions as they’ll be based on the child fare.
- Redeem Infant Award Tickets on Malaysia Airlines operated flights, based on infant fares.
- Miles & Cash redemption will be available online on enrich.malaysiaairlines.com, or via Call Centre and Ticketing Offices.
Some examples of the redemptions available. Please note that the actual figures may vary based on the points above.
*** Please note: All redemptions made before 10th June 2017, (booked and ticketed) will be honoured, based on the terms and conditions at time the original redemption ticket is issued. The new fare conditions will apply for bookings made after the completion of the system upgrade.
For the full list of what Enrich membership offers, check out their links on their dedicated Enrich page.
All Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounges will be refurbished in 2017. The Lounges at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) will be reopened in mid August 2017.
The closure will affect Enrich Platinum and Gold Members, as well as Business Class passengers and oneworld members. Temporary arrangements have been made to accommodate affected travellers during the closure period.