Since we flagged the reservations system upgrade in our story back in February, testing has continued on the new Amadeus passenger sales system which will go into service on the weekend of 10th – 11th June 2017.
Reservations system upgrade – Who’s affected?
The changeover will affect all reservations, ticketing, Enrich services, online check-in and the Malaysia Airlines website. They will not be available from 9.00pm Malaysia time (GMT +8 hours) on 10th June 2017. Service will resume progressively from 6.00am Malaysia time (GMT +8hours) on 11th June 2017.
This means you won’t be able to:
- Make a booking or purchase a ticket.
- Check-in online.
- Change or cancel a booking.
- Check or redeem Enrich miles.
- Purchase/ request an upgrade.
- Select a seat, meal or make any other special requests.
If you’re flying
The system upgrade will not affect flight operations and flights will operate as scheduled throughout the upgrade period. Extra staff will be assigned to provide assistance and customer service at the airports during this period.
However, if your flight is between 10th and 12th June, you will need to:
- Purchase your ticket or make any changes before 10th June.
- Print a copy of your electronic ticket
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours ahead of flight departure to check-in at the counter.
- Select your seats and make special meals requests before 10 June.
Important note for those flying from 12th June
Booking Reference numbers (Passenger Name Record (PNR)) will have a 6 digit PNR instead of the current 5, from 12th June.
Your ticket itinerary will not change. To perform self-service check-in via web or kiosk, you will need to use the 6 digit PNR.
For more information on the reservations system upgrade:
The FAQ section on the Malaysia Airlines site is quite helpful.
Or call :
Within Malaysia 1 300 88 3000
Outside Malaysia +603 7843 3000 (long distance charges apply)