Indonesia has reintroduced their visa on arrival (VoA) for tourists landing in Bali from 23 countries, with effect from Monday, 7th March 2022. The surprise announcement from the Directorate General of Immigration (DGI) of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia was made yesterday 6th March. It comes barely a week after Luhut Binsar Panjaitan, head of the government’s pandemic response in Java and Bali, announced plans to trial a quarantine-free international entry policy in Bali starting 14th March, citing the improving COVID-19 situation. He did suggest that the trial could start earlier if conditions allowed.
Read our most recent update HERE.
Bali visa on arrival conditions
Sub-Coordinator of Public Relations of the DGI, Achmad Nur Saleh confirmed the list countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for VoA for Tourism. The list has since been expanded and citizens of the other nive ASEAN contries have been granted visa-free entry.
Foreign nationals can apply for VoA for Tourism only upon arrival at the immigration controls at Bali’s international airport and seaport. Foreigners who have been issued with a VoA for Tourism can leave Indonesia through any immigration control, not necessarily in Bali.
Countries whose citizens can enter Indonesia through Bali using a Visa on Arrival for Tourism are:
- Brunei Darussalam
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Achmad Nur Saleh also reminds foreign visitors that they must present all requirements for a VoA for Tourism at the immigration counter. These include
- a passport valid for at least 6 (six) months,
- a return ticket or a connecting ticket to continue travelling to another country
- other documents required under the provisions from the Covid-19 Taskforce
- This may include travel insurance
- The fee for VoA for Tourism is Rp. 500,000.
- (at 7th March 2022,
Want to stay longer?
- Stay Permits originating from VoA for Tourism are Visitor Stay Permits granted for a maximum period of 30 days and can be extended 1 (one) time.
- The extension is granted for 30 days and is carried out at the nearest immigration office to the location where the foreigner lives while in Indonesia.
- A Visitor Stay Permit from VoA for Tourism cannot be changed into another type of visa/stay permit.
Achmad advised visitors that the owner or manager of their hotel is obliged to provide information or data regarding foreigners staying overnight to facilitate the supervision of foreigners and ensure they abide by the conditions of their visas.
Foreigners whose activities violate VoA for Tourism will be subject to immigration sanctions. Likewise, if they are confirmed to have disregarded health protocols and disrupt public order, they will be subject to sanctions under applicable laws and regulations. Achmad Nur Saleh
This Post Has 0 Comments