With the announcement of direct Kuala Lumpur / Davao flights, Philippines, AirAsia offers four direct links between the two countries. The four times weekly flights are due to take off on 21st December 2017. This AK designated flight to Davao joins the Manila, Cebu and Kalibo routes which have carried over half a million passengers since 2015.
AirAsia also flies to other cities in the Philippines including Clark, Manila, Caticlan, Kalibo, Tacloban, Palawan, Cebu and Tagbilaran.
Kuala Lumpur / Davao – launch fares
In conjunction with the launch, AirAsia is offering an all-in, one-way fare starting from MYR 99. Book at airasia.com until 30th July for travel between 21st December 2017 and 28th August 2018. Bookings of these special promotional fares can also be made using the AirAsia mobile app on the iPhone or Android devices.
*Promotional all-in fares quoted are for one-way travel only inclusive of taxes. Terms and conditions apply.
Why visit Davao?
Visitors to Davao have a range of attractions to meet the most discerning of travellers.
For Beautiful natural surroundings, sun and surf visit:
- The Philippines’ highest waterfall, Aliwagwag Falls, with more than 130 cascades
- Samal Island, ten minutes away from the city – white sandy beaches, azure waters and amazing underwater wildlife
- The world record bat sanctuary at Monfort Bat Cave
- Mount Apo, the highest volcano and mountain in the country
- Tamayong Prayer Mountain, with its well-manicured landscape and European-style buildings and a cool climate all year round
Festival and Food lovers will enjoy:
- The annual Kadayawan Festival, a celebration of life to give thanks for the city’s bountiful harvests
- Pasko Fiesta sa Davao, held every year in December, is a a month-long yuletide festival
Foodies can enjoy the city’s gastronomical delights, including
- Tropical fruits such as durian
- Kinilaw, marinated and seasoned fresh tuna or swordfish
- Pakfry, a meal made from tuna tail, and
- Suman, a sweet rice cake cooked and wrapped in coconut milk. It’s best served with the Cebuano style hot chocolate called sikwate.
Economic benefits too…
The launch event in Davao City was held in conjunction with the Davao Investment Conference 2017 and was attended by the Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes, and AirAsia Philippines CEO Captain Dexter Comendador.
…. Davao … was one of the first cities we flew to when we started our Philippines operations in 2012. In fact, Clark-Davao, which we pioneered, was one of the two maiden routes when we started AirAsia Philippines five years ago. Tony Fernandes, AirAsia Group CEO
….. Our aim for the city is also to grow it to become a hub for financial, tourism, service and education in Mindanao. The introduction of the direct flights between Kuala Lumpur and Davao could not be more timely and is a key step in this direction to empower local players across various economic activities. Sara Duterte-Carpio
Flight Schedule for Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – Davao (DVO)
|Flight No||From||To||Departure||Arrival||Flight Schedule|
|AK590||KUL||DVO||1025 (10.25am)||1425 (2.25pm)||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday|
|AK591||DVO||KUL||1455 (2.55pm)||1845 (6.45pm)||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday|
There is no time difference between Kuala Lumpur and Davao City.