The 2017 edition of the Vivid Sydney Festival kicks off on May 26, running until 17 June 2017. This year promises to be the biggest ever, with plenty of new installations and projections. The new line-up includes:[lists style=”plus”]
- more than 400 Vivid Music events, up from 190 in 2016, across 40 venues
- more than 260 Vivid Ideas sessions, up from 183 in 2016
- 370 speakers from 12 countries across 67 venues
Here are some highlights you can expect at Vivid 2017:
Plan ahead for a great Vivid
With millions of visitors to a city that is a tourist heaven, it’s a good idea to be prepared if you’re planning to visit. Here are some useful tips from the festival:[lists style=”check”]
- Time it right: Early in the festival, early in the week and early in the evening are the most relaxed times to enjoy Vivid Sydney (lights on 6pm).
- Get an even earlier start: It’s lights on from 5.30pm at Taronga Zoo and Chatswood – ideal to get young children home for bedtime or take in the lights before dining out.
- Travel smart: Vivid Sydney precincts are close to public transport links and extra train and bus services operate throughout the festival. The best train stations to access Vivid Sydney precincts are Central, Town Hall, Wynyard, Martin Place and Chatswood. Exhibition Centre and Convention are the best Light Rail stops for the Darling Harbour precinct.
- Leave the car at home: Extensive city road closures and special event clearways will be in place in the CBD and The Rocks, make driving and parking difficult so leave the car at home and take public transport.
- Stay up to date: Keep a Vivid Sydney planner in your pocket using the smartphone app or website on your mobile device for the latest information and locations. Download the Vivid Sydney app or visit the Vivid Sydney website at vividsydney.com.
- Keep kids safe: Pick up a wristband from Vivid Sydney information booths at Darling Harbour, Customs House & West Circular Quay, add your contact number and pop it on your childrens’ wrists to make it easy to be reunited should you get separated.
- Help is at hand: Look for Vivid Sydney’s friendly army of volunteers in their bright pink jackets who are there to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.
To find out more about the Vivid Sydney Festival 2017, visit vividsydney.com.
Read more about Vivid Sydney 2016:[lists style=”info-circled”]