Everything’s set to go on 1st October 2017, with the confirmation of the launch date for the SIA/Lufthansa partnership. This joint venture co-operation covers flights between Singapore, Australia and Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Belgium, increasing passenger options.
SIA/Lufthansa partnership – what’s covered?
Two years in the planning, the agreement will offer customers a wider range of travel itineraries and fare products. These will be offered progressively by both airlines.
Even during these two years, passengers have enjoyed the expanded capacity between Singapore and both Germany and Switzerland. These included:
- The introduction of new SIA-operated flights between Singapore and Dusseldorf in July 2016.
- In March 2017, SWISS commenced daily Boeing 777-300ER flights between Singapore and Zurich.
- Lufthansa plans to re-introduce services between Singapore and Munich from March 2018.
Star Alliance members will also benefit from this partnership between Singapore Airlines and the Lufthansa Group, which includes SWISS and Austrian Airlines.
- The October start sees SIA, Lufthansa and SWISS flights included in a revenue-sharing agreement between the two airline groups. The flights covered are those between Singapore and Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich and Zurich.
- The two airline groups have also significantly increased codeshare ties. Passengers can access over 130 city pairs now offered between key markets in Europe, Southeast Asia and Southwest Pacific.
… This joint venture demonstrates what we can achieve with the right partner, and we look forward to working even closer with Lufthansa Group. Tan Kai Ping, Singapore Airlines Senior Vice President Marketing Planning.
Dieter Vranckx, Lufthansa Group Airlines Vice President Sales Asia Pacific concurred, saying
…. This is a remarkable milestone for both Lufthansa Group and Singapore Airlines. We are very proud to team up with Singapore Airlines, a reputable and reliable highend partner, giving our customers greater choices. Dieter Vranckx