Malaysia Airlines moves to Terminal 1 at Singapore Changi Airport from 1st May 2020. However, the airline has no flights scheduled to Singapore until June 2020.
Malaysia Airlines moves terminals in Singapore
The move follows the 18 month suspension of Terminal 2 at Singapore Changi Airport, which will undergo major expansion and renovation works. Work on the terminal, which was closed for the renovations at the end of January 2020, were initially expected to take up to five years. This has now been reduced to 18 months to accelerate the expansion. With a reopening originally flagged for 2024, T2 will be able to handle up to five million more passengers a year, raising Changi’s capacity to 90 million passengers a year. The refurbished terminal will offer travellers and visitors more space and greenery. T2 was last refurbished in 2006.
Passenger check-in counters are allocated:
- Row 12 Counter 01 for Business Class
- Row 12 Counter 02-04 for Economy Class
- Twelve self-service check-in kiosks are available between Row 12 and Row 13.
Passengers without check-in baggage should
- Check-in online via the airline’s mobile app or malaysiaairlines.com
- Proceed through to immigration and boarding via the contactless check-in facility
Malaysia Airlines’ ticket office is located at Row 12.
For an airport guide and more information, check out the airport website.