Grab a ride with Grab, South East Asia’s leading ride-hailing and payments platform. Singapore Airlines customers can now book Grab rides through the SingaporeAir mobile app.
A partnership agreement signed between Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Grab will offer customers an enhanced travel experience with seamless air/ground travel. The integration of SIA and Grab mobile apps will offer extra convenience to customers travelling to the airport in six countries across Southeast Asia – Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Grab a ride – benefits for SIA customers
Starting immediately, SIA customers can book Grab rides through the SingaporeAir mobile app. Customers using the app will see an option to book a Grab ride to the airport.
- Bookings can be made seven days before a scheduled flight.
- Bookings must made through the SingaporeAir mobile app for Grab rides in Singapore.
- Choose – order a Grab ride to the airport on-demand or in advance.
- The airport will be automatically listed as the destination, so fill in the pick-up point and time.
- The first 5,000 customers will receive GrabPay Credits worth $10 in their Grab account.
- Members of SIA’s KrisFlyer and Grab’s GrabRewards programmes enjoy additional benefits under the partnership.
- GrabRewards members can convert their GrabRewards points into KrisFlyer miles.
Grab a ride and win
Customers in Singapore are in the running to win a pair of Business Class tickets to Hong Kong.
- To participate, enter the code ‘GRABSQ’ in the promo field in the Grab app booking screen.
- Every Grab ride taken between 9th October and 9th November 2017 increases your chances.
- The customer with the most Grab rides booked during this period will win the tickets.
Not in Singapore? Check if your local Grab is included – download the app from the website as above and enter the same code. In Malaysia, for example, the person who has the most rides between 11th October and 11th November 2017 wins. So book those rides to Grab a pair of Economy Class tickets to The Maldives.
Singapore Airlines operates services to over sixty destinations in more than thirty countries on five continents worldwide. Grab today is in more than a hundred cities across seven countries. These include Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar.