Were you upset because you bought one at the beginning of March and the Movement Control Order was announced on 17th March? Then AirAsia went into hibernation because of the border controls. The airline has responded to announce an AirAsia Unlimited Pass extension until June 2021. This is only applicable to existing AirAsia Unlimited Pass holders as it was only on sale until 7th March 2020.
…..We have extended the travel period of the AirAsia Unlimited Pass to 30th June 2021. We hope this gives you more time to prepare for your travels when the time is right. Stay tuned for more travel updates. AirAsia statement 12th May 2020
Of course, there are some terms and conditions, which have been updated to reflect the new finish date.
AirAsia Unlimited Pass extension – conditions
To make it easier, we’ve summarised a few of the important points in the Terms and Conditions mentioned above.
If you didn’t purchase your pass during the sale period, it’s no longer available.
- The extension allows travel until 30th June 2021.
- based on Malaysia local time (GMT+8)
- You can’t extend the Travel Period
- *** If the travel period is extended by the airline for any reason, we will update it here.
- You can’t redeem flights for departure before or after the applicable Travel Period.
- There will be no refund if you don’t use your AirAsia Unlimited Pass.
Other things to note:
- The AirAsia Unlimited Pass cannot be combined with any other offers or exchanged for cash.
- Not all seats on all flights are available for booking using the Unlimited Pass.
Redemptions are valid only for:
- flights marked “AirAsia Unlimited Pass”.
- If you choose a different flight, you will pay the full fare as shown .
- Point-to-Point routes
- FLY-THRU routes excluded
- the base fare- they do not include
- airport charges,
- taxes and regulatory fees
- other charges payable at the time of booking.
Each promo code under the AirAsia Unlimited Pass can be redeemed for round trip flights, subject to seat availability.
- If no Unlimited Pass seat is not available on the return flight, your promo code will only apply to one way of the journey.
- You need to pay the full fare as displayed on the website for the return journey or choose another return flight.
- TIP: Check the availability of Unlimited Pass seats on your chosen flights before generating your Promo code.
To read the Terms and Conditions in full, please use the link above the summary.
This Post Has 4 Comments
Thanks for the helpful update. I bought this pass last year, but it is not feasible to travel by 30th June 2021. Is there any way to extend the travel period/convert it to some kind of travel credit/miles etc.?
Thank you so much!
At the moment AirAsia X isn’t able to fly because of Malaysia’s International border closures. They are currently undergoing a restructuring exercise to emerge from the pandemic in a good position. At the moment you don’t have to do anything as restarting flights is totally dependent on the border situation. Stay safe.
Thanks so much for your feedback Lesley. So that means the travel pass is still valid despite the expiry date? I’ve tried reaching out to them through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp but failed miserably. Their bot isn’t helpful at all…?
From what we understand the restructuring is proceeding, but the restarting of flights is entirely dependent on the opening of Malaysia’s borders.