If you’re travelling, or planning to book an AirAsia ticket this weekend, be warned that the airline is performing a reservation systems upgrade. AirAsia uses the popular Navitaire New Skies reservation system and the upgrade promises an enhanced online experience.
Reservation systems upgrade – offline times
Both flight booking and online check-in will be affected by the upgrade down-time. The system will be offline and unavailable from 2.00pm on Saturday, 19th January 2019 (GMT +8) to 3.00am on Sunday, 20th January 2019.
- Booking avenues affected are:
- web site bookings using airasia.com
- AirAsia mobile app
- AirAsia sales offices, counters and call centres
- Online self check-in using:
- via the web,
- mobile app
- airport kiosks
The My Bookings function will also be unavailable until the upgrade is completed.
All AirAsia travellers flying during this period should check-in online ahead of the upgrade period and print out your boarding pass, or use the E-Boarding pass where available. Web and mobile check-in are available from 14 days prior to departure for all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights.
It’s also a good idea to be at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight to avoid any travel inconvenience. This is especially true if:
- you have children, elderly or disabled passengers in your group
- you have luggage to drop
- There may be a long queue
- it is a busy time of day
- Security and Immigration counters may be crowded and slow
- you are leaving from klia2 on a flight from a P or Q gate.
- It is a long way to your gate.