AirAsia moves international flights to Terminal 3 in Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, effective 22nd January 2018. All AirAsia’s domestic flights will continue to use Terminal 2F.
AirAsia will move its international flights back to Terminal 2 on 12th December 2018. This move means that all AirAsia flights, including domestic flights, will operate from a single terminal.
Move to Terminal 3 in Jakarta : useful info
Some of the important points to note:
- Schedules won’t change, so be there at the correct time whether you’re flying domestic or international.
- Need to get between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3? The Airport operator, PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero), provides complimentary Skytrain and shuttle services connecting all terminals.
- AirAsia Bag Drop & check-in – Find them at Row D number 13-18 in the departure area of Terminal 3. Make your life easier by doing your web check-in beforehand at airasia.com or use their mobile app. If you have access to a printer, print your own boarding pass.
- Self check-in kiosks will be available near AirAsia’s check-in and baggage drop counters.
- Need Customer Service at the airport? Find them near the security check at Gate 1, international departure area of Terminal 3.
- Need special assistance or a wheelchair? Speak to the ground staff at AirAsia’s check-in and baggage drop counters (counter D). You can also request a wheelchair when booking by checking ‘yes’ on the booking page. (It’s at the bottom of the page) If you miss this, you can also make a request via ‘Manage My Booking’.
- Travelling soon but didn’t get a message? AirAsia has endeavoured to inform all guests who will be affected by the change in terminal via email and SMS notifications. This is why they need your correct contact details.
- If you’re at the airport already, AirAsia staff will be on hand at the departure areas in Terminal 3 and Terminals 2E and 2F. They’ll be there between 21st and 26th January 2018 to provide passenger assistance during the relocation period.
Important note: There will be changes in airport tax which will affect bookings for international flight made from 22nd January 2018. The Passenger Service Charge (PSC) levied by the airport authority for departure from Terminal 3 is IDR 200,000. The PSC at Terminal 2 is IDR 150,000.
For information regarding the services and facilities in Terminal 3, please refer to the official website of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.