AirAsia has issued a Travel Advisory for the end of year travel period to ensure all travellers set off smoothly.
Travel Advisory Number 1
The first advisory notice relates to upgrading works on several counters at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2). The work starts on 20th November 2017 and will reduce the number of counters available. No time frame has been given for the duration of the work.
Travel Advisory Number 2
Whether you’re travelling through klia2 from Kuala Lumpur, or any airport in AirAsia’s route network, be early.
- Check the boarding time on your boarding pass. That is the time you must be at the boarding gate so they don’t go without you. Please note: AirAsia does not page for missing passengers. (Most low cost carriers follow this policy.)
- Baggage Drop counters close 60 minutes before flight departure for all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights. So if you have check-in bags, be there well before 60mins, as there may be long queues.
- Once have completed the formalities, proceed to the departure gate for security checks, and immigration formalities for overseas travellers.
- During holiday periods, arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to scheduled time of departure for AirAsia flights. Allow at least 4 hours for AirAsia X flights.
These guidelines apply especially to very busy airports, including klia2, Penang, Senai.
Travel Advisory Number 3 – check-in procedures
- Save time and money at check-in by performing these steps:
- Conduct self-check-in via web, mobile or kiosk services
- Web, mobile and kiosk check-in services are available 14 days and up to 1 hour prior to departure for all AirAsia flights and up to 4 hours prior to departure for all AirAsia X flights.
- Self-service options including Self Check-In and Self Bag Tag are fully operational at:
- Langkawi International Airport
- Penang International Airport
- Senai International Airport
- Kuching International Airport
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport
- Sultan Abdul Halim Airport
- Bintulu Airport
- Sultan Ismail Petra Airport
- Sultan Mahmud Airport
- Labuan Airport
- Miri Airport
- Sandakan Airport
- Sibu Airport and
- Tawau Airport
- Self check-in is not allowed for travellers who:
- are travelling in a group booking,
- have reduced mobility or
- who have special needs
AirAsia’s ground staff will be available at the airport to assist all such passengers with their travelling needs.
Travel Advisory Number 4 – travelling to and from Singapore
AirAsia now flies to and from the new state-of-the-art and fully automated Terminal 4 in Singapore Changi Airport.
- The MRT is not connected to Terminal 4.
- Travellers must use taxi, private hire cars, bus and personal transportation to access Terminal 4.
- Guests departing from Terminal 4 should arrive 3 hours before departure to ensure sufficient time to move through the new terminal.
Travel Advisory Number 5 – other advice
Sundry advice about your baggage, food and in-flight entertainment.
Hand Carry items:
Each passenger is allowed:
- ONE piece of cabin baggage (not larger than 56 x 36 x 23cm in dimension) AND
- One laptop bag or handbag or small bag on-board
- The total permitted weight for 2 pieces of unchecked baggage is 7kg.
- Infants do not get a cabin baggage allowance.
- Pre-book sufficient baggage.
- Adding baggage during booking is much less expensive that adding it later, or paying at the airport.
- Log on to ‘Manage My Booking’ to add more baggage allocation at airasia.com. Also available via the AirAsia mobile app on iPhone and Android devices.
- Add extra baggage allowance up to 4 hours before the scheduled time of departure.
Meals on board
Pre-book Santan Combo Meals online to ensure you get your choice of meal:
- You will be served first
- There’s a wider choice of meals available
- The meal includes a drink
Meals pre-booked online cost less than those on board:
- MYR 10 for AirAsia (AK) flights
- MYR 15 for AirAsia X (D7) flights
- A special kids meal, the Lil’ Star Combo is available for booking. This includes a mini pizza, drink and a snack box.
- Combo Meals are available for pre-booking up to 24 hours before scheduled departure via ‘Manage My Booking’.
Use your own portable device to access FREE inflight entertainment on AK Domestic flights.
- Watch popular movies and short films, chart-topping hits and travel guides
- Connect to ROKKI Wi-Fi on your mobile device.
- This service is only available on wi-fi enabled A320 aircraft.
- Try some online shopping with in-flight deals from ROKKI Shop
- To access the internet on a wi-fi enabled aircraft, purchase a ROKKI plan.
- You will have access to various chat and Internet apps and light browsing.
Travellers on AirAsia X (D7 flights) can use pre-loaded devices available from AirAsia. Pre-booking is recommended, to ensure availability and save money.
Make duty-free purchases before you leave and have them delivered to your seat. The service is provided by Big Duty Free.
Pre-book on bigdutyfree.com up to:
- 48 hours for AirAsia (AK) flights and
- 72 hours for AirAsia X (D7) flights
- Purchases are delivered to your seat at no additional cost.
- Choose either your departure or arrival flight for delivery.
** Important note: Travellers on International flights pay duty free prices. Domestic passengers may make purchases, but GST is added.
This Post Has 0 Comments