AirAsia X has announced the introduction of their latest travel add-on – Xcite Inflight Entertainment offering improved in-flight entertainment to passengers on AirAsia X (D7 flights), using the Huawei Mediapad 2. This device offers enhanced IFE with a 10.1” Full HD widescreen display, Harman Kardon audio technology providing a richer acoustic experience and headset.
Xcite Inflight Entertainment – Features
- A wide range of content, on a high resolution touch screen device using advanced audio technology
- Support for five languages (English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese)
- A line-up including popular Hollywood blockbusters, other international and local movies and TV shows music
- A choice of games to play, magazines to browse and you can AirAsia BIG Duty Free catalogue before you shop
The Xcite IFE devices are now available for pre-booking on all AirAsia X flights except those travelling to and from Auckland, Jeddah and Kathmandu.
UPDATE (June 2018) : As Kuala Lumpur – Auckland flights have a stop in Gold Coast, it’s important to note:
- Xcite units are not available for booking by passengers flying direct between Kuala Lumpur and Auckland.
- Passengers travelling only between Kuala Lumpur and Gold Coast and vice versa may book the units if they are available.
- Once all Xcite units have been booked, the option longer appears.
As Xcite units have proven to be very popular, especially on routes to Australia, AirAsia X is currently arranging to increase the number available.
- Xcite IFE is complimentary for all Premium Flatbed seats
- Passengers travelling in Economy seats can pre-book the Xcite IFE tab on the AirAsia website for MYR 49, or take your chance and request onboard for MYR 60.
….. We are continuously looking for ways to give our guests an enhanced travelling experience with AirAsia X. The all-new Xcite Inflight Entertainment which offers a wider range of content …… will also be regularly updated to ensure our guests are getting the best quality entertainment when they travel with us. Benyamin Ismail, AirAsia X Berhad CEO
Visit the AirAsia website to view the complete and updated entertainment program list.
|Xcite Inflight Entertainment Premium Flatbed Guests||Complimentary|
(including Quiet Zone)
|Pre-book – MYR 49|
|Onboard – MYR 60
(limited quantities available, so pre-booking is encouraged)
This Post Has 3 Comments
Getting and pre booking xcite is not working. Or not easy as it is not appearing on log in nor the website.
If you’re travelling on certain flights, it doesn’t seem to appear. New Zealand flights, I know, don’t have it available. I’ve never managed to get one either, but it could be because I left it too late. I’ll see if I can get a response to this from AirAsia.
My contacts in AirAsia X confirm that when the units are all booked it won’t be available for pre-booking in the options. They also confirmed that Xcite is not available for flights between Gold Coast and Auckland. However, Kuala Lumpur /Gold Coast it’s available, but obviously goes very quickly. Any further info I have, I’ll update here. ** I’ve had further feedback from higher up that confirms the above, but adds that AirAsia X is responding to feedback and demand, to increase the number of Xcite units available on routes where it’s most popular. Hope this helps.