Singapore Airlines (SIA) returns non-stop To New York from 9th November 2020, between Singapore and John F. Kennedy International Airport. The Airline will operate the Airbus A350-900 long-range aircraft on the route. This offers travellers 42 Business Class, 24 Premium Economy Class and 187 Economy Class seats.
The use of JFK International Airport allows Singapore Airlines to more effectively accommodate a mix of passenger and cargo traffic on these services in the current operating climate. SIA’s non-stop to New York services are attractive to transfer passengers wishing to transit via Singapore’s Changi Airport.
The airline anticipates significant cargo demand from a range of industries based in the New York metro area. These include pharmaceuticals, e-commerce and technology firms. The new service provides the only non-stop air cargo link from the U.S. Northeast to Singapore, which serves as a regional distribution hub for many major U.S.-based companies.
…. Operating these flights between Singapore and New York’s JFK International Airport represent an important step in the rebuilding of our global network. Non-stop ultra-long services are the bedrock of our services to the key U.S. market. Lee Lik Hsin, Singapore Airlines Executive Vice President Commercial for
Singapore Airlines has also resumed non-stop services to Los Angeles. The airline continues to review its United States operations, assessing the growing demand for air travel amid the ongoing recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. The recovery will guide any decisions to reinstate services to other points in the country.
Flight Schedule Singapore-New York-Singapore
|Flight||Departure Time*||Arrival Time*||Days of Service||Flight Time|
|SQ 24 SIN-JFK||0225 (2.25am)||0730 (7.30am)||Monday, Wednesday, Saturday||18 hours 5 minutes|
|SQ 23 JFK-SIN||2230 (10.30pm)||0610 (6.10am)
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||18 hours 40 minutes|
*All timings local time
Staying Safe On Board
- Sophisticated airflow management systems to replace all cabin air every two to three minutes.
- HEPA filtration ensures that particles, dust, viruses and bacteria are removed,
- This produces cabin air of a similar standard to the air in a hospital operating room.
- Extensive cleaning of aircraft prior to passenger boarding
- Including disinfection of
- all hard surfaces
- tray tables
- Inflight Entertainment (IFE) system screens
- Including disinfection of
- These are also refreshed frequently during flight.
- Headsets and headrest covers for each seat are replaced for every passenger
- linens such as pillow covers, blankets and duvets are disinfected before every flight
- via high temperature washing
- All crew members wear protective equipment such as goggles, latex gloves and masks
- Inflight service has been modified to minimise contact between passengers and crew members
- Personal care kits are provided for each passenger
- These include a face mask, hand sanitiser and a disinfectant surface wipe
- All passengers are required to keep their masks on throughout the flight when they are not eating or drinking.
Touch-free options for safer travel
- Online or mobile app check-in,
- mobile boarding pass generation and bag tag printing
- self-service kiosks.
- Use the SingaporeAir mobile app to access KrisWorld, the Inflight Entertainment system, via their mobile phones.