Travellers using the SIA SingaporeAir app can now make more convenient and faster payments with recently added extra services.
SingaporeAir app – new features
Singapore Airlines has added Android Pay and Apple Pay mobile payment services to their award-winning mobile app, SingaporeAir app.
Customers can now :
- pay at the time of booking for
- air tickets
- redemption booking-related fees
- other purchases, such as preferred seat selection and travel insurance
- Customers are not required to fill in payment information prior to making a purchase through the SingaporeAir app.
- When using Android Pay, the credit or debit card details and billing addresses of customers are already stored in your Android Pay accounts.
- With Apple Pay, the card details are not stored on the mobile device and a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on the mobile device.
…. Cashless payment is a growing trend not just in Singapore but in many parts of the world. At Singapore Airlines, we are constantly exploring how we can improve the customer experience across our digital touchpoints. Having cutting edge mobile payment platforms such as Android Pay and Apple Pay provides our customers a seamless and more efficient payment option whenever they make a purchase on our mobile app. Singapore Airlines’ Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing, Campbell Wilson.
How to get the new features?
Make sure you already have the SingaporeAir app on your Android or iPhone. If not, download it from the Singapore Airlines website. The link also identifies terms and conditions applied when using Android Pay. You’ll need to add your credit or debit card into your Android Pay wallet to be able to use the app. Customers will not incur additional charges when using Android Pay. The page also has links to Google Play Store and Appstore.