Singapore Airlines (SIA)’s new Boeing 787-10 flew in to Singapore on 28th March 2018, the world’s first. This gave the airline the opportunity to unveil the the next generation of regional cabin products, which will be fitted on its new Boeing 787-10 fleet. Singapore Airlines is the launch customer for the new aircraft variant, which offers 36 Business Class seats and 301 Economy Class seats.
The aircraft will be used for regional flights up to eight hours with Osaka and Perth the first destinations from May 2018. They will be used on flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur until then, for crew training purposes.
The new Economy Class cabin products
Economy class travellers will enjoy these offerings, which are the similar to those fitted in recently purchased A380 aircraft.
- The 301 economy seats, designed and built by RECARO, are arranged in a 3-3-3 configuration and feature:
- Ergonomically-designed contour backrests with six-way adjustable headrests
- Personalised in-flight entertainment experience for all customers through myKrisWorld
- An enhanced entertainment experience on a personal 11.6” full high-definition touchscreen monitor
- A choice of more than 1,000 movies, TV shows, audio programmes and games on KrisWorld.
- In addition the seats will include:
- Personal storage space for small personal items
- A coat hook
- USB port and in-seat power supply.
The new in-flight Entertainment in the new 787-10s will also have greater control over their in-flight entertainment (IFE) experience as myKrisWorld allows for world-first IFE personalisation. These changes are a response to customer feedback, preferences and viewing history.
- Features of the new IFE using myKrisWorld include:
- The ability to bookmark and resume content,
- Customise and save preferences for subsequent flights.
SIA passengers will also be the first in the world to enjoy a series of games from Toca Boca and Sago Mini on KrisWorld.
Initially available on the 787-10s, this popular entertainment option will progressively be available on other SIA aircraft types.
- The new 787-10s come equipped with
- In-flight WiFi supported by Panasonic’s Global Communication Services
- GSM phone services provided by Panasonic’s wholly owned subsidiary Aeromobile.
SIA is investing US$350 million in the introduction of the new regional cabin products on an initial 20 787-10s. Bookings may be made to fly on this aircraft at singaporeairlines.com