Singapore Airlines has launched an all-new mobile app for Android and iOS smartphones, featuring innovative features to enhance customer experience.
The new app gives customers faster performance and improved usability with new features, in a ground-up rebuild. With new underlying technical architecture, the new app will deliver significantly enhanced booking and check-in flows. This will improve transaction time by up to 60%.
New mobile app, new features
Along with significant improvements in existing functions, the new App introduces several entirely new features.
‘Capture & Discover’
- Identifying user intent using image recognition, speech and natural language processing to
- match it to a Singapore Airlines destination,
- present relevant destination content and fare deals
- currently supports English only
- uses real-time language translation by voice to help travellers communicate better when they are overseas
‘Measure Your Baggage’
- helps travellers determine if the size of their bag is within cabin baggage limitations
- Currently supports iOS only
In addition, users can expect information to be added to the “My Trips” function, including
- real-time information including boarding gate details
- the destination’s weather and currency
- baggage belt information, (currently for Singapore-bound flights only)
Users will appreciate greater personalisation with the enhancement of in-flight entertainment features in the mobile app.
- extended access to e-Library magazine and newspaper content based on KrisFlyer membership tier
- a new search and filter function to allow for easier content browsing in the e-Library and KrisWorld catalogue
- bookmarking for movies, to pick up where you left off on subsequent flights
Bookmarking is available for the newest in-flight entertainment systems on SIA 787-10, selected 777-300ER, A350-900 and A380-800 aircraft.
Customers can use the newly designed KrisFlyer account dashboard and a new ‘Inbox’ feature, to store push notifications and KrisFlyer messages for easy reference.
Following the beta launch that began in October 2018, the new app will be available for download progressively.
Android users can download the new app by country, between July and September 2019.
iOS users may download the new app from the App Store in September 2019.
The beta version will be available for download until full availability of the new app.
More details about the new mobile app can be found on this link.