oneworld® has received the prestigious award for World’s Best Airline Alliance 2015 for the third consecutive year from the independent Skytrax airline quality ratings agency. The highly prized awards were presented on 16th June at the 2015 Paris Air Show.
The alliance currently holds five other “best airline alliance” titles, many of which they have held for at least two years:
- FlightStat’s 2014 Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award.
- Business Traveller’s 2014 Best Airline Alliance.
- Global Traveler magazine’s Best Airline Alliance in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2014 Awards.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2014.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2014 Readers Survey Best Airline Alliance.
Airlines within the oneworld grouping have also done well in a number of regional categories.
- Qatar Airways took the top Airline of the Year title as well as World’s Best Business Class Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East.
- Japan Airlines took top honours for Best Economy Class Seat.
- Cathay Pacific was named Best Transpacific Airline, with its affiliate Dragonair, also part of oneworld, receiving the trophy for the World’s Best Regional Airline.
- LAN Airlines was named Best Airline in South America as well as Best Airline Staff Service in South America, just ahead of its sister TAM Airlines, also part of oneworld and runner-up in both categories.
- Qantas took the gong for Best Airline in Australia/Pacific and Best Business Class Comfort Amenities.
- Finnair took out the Best Airline in Northern Europe.
Skytrax’s World Airline Awards analyses customer satisfaction for the overall airline passenger experience of more than 200 airlines over more than 40 areas on the ground and in the air. These range from check-in to boarding, seat comfort, cabin cleanliness, food, beverages, in-flight entertainment and staff service.
This Post Has 0 Comments