AirAsia continues its on-going relationship with MAKNA (National Cancer Council of Malaysia) through this year’s #AirAsiaMAKNA campaign. This long-term programme helps generate cancer awareness and raise funds for underprivileged patients. They do this through the sale of the limited edition AirAsia pilot and cabin crew designed t-shirt collection.
The 2017 #AirAsiaMAKNA campaign
Themed ‘AirAsia rebels with a cause’ this year’s #AirAsiaMAKNA campaign celebrates the strength and courage of inspiring cancer fighters.
You can join in:
- Purchase limited edition pilot and cabin crew t-shirts at MYR 30 each. Proceeds are channelled to MAKNA.
- Join the #AirAsiaMAKNA Instagram contest and win AirAsia flights up for grabs every month
- The Instagram contest will pick a monthly winner until February 2018.
- Wear your AirAsia t-shirt and post a photo on Instagram showing off your best fighter move or pose.
- Use the hashtag #AirAsiaMAKNA.
- Each monthly winner takes home a pair of flights to their choice of AirAsia Berhad destinations.
- Exclusive tie-up with FashionValet, Malaysia’s leading online shopping platform
- The exclusive t-shirts are available on MAKNA’s website (makna.org.my/airasiamakna/)
- AirAsia has partnered with Malaysia’s online shopping platform, FashionValet, to sell the t-shirts on their website and stores in Pavilion and Bangsar Village II.
- Several on-ground events will also be held during the campaign.
AirAsia has raised close to RM700,000 for MAKNA over the past two years.
…. Cancer affects everyone, directly or indirectly, be it a parent, sibling, colleague or friend. AirAsia is proud to continue to work with the National Cancer Council Malaysia (MAKNA) to raise funds and accelerate the pace of cancer awareness. Aireen Omar, CEO of AirAsia Berhad
….. The statistics of global cancer deaths are worrying but what is even more alarming is that one out of four Malaysians has a lifetime risk of developing cancer. It takes physical and emotional strength alongside financial means to access the treatments needed when fighting cancer. Hence, we are honoured to have the constant support from AirAsia in our mission against cancer with the campaign. This initiative is beyond just raising funds, more importantly, it is about creating cancer awareness. Farahida Mohd Farid, General Manager of MAKNA
Farahida Mohd Farid also expressed her thanks to AirAsia for helping share these important messages across Malaysia and the region. These messages help empower the public to take ownership of their health, she added.
For more information about the campaign and where to purchase the t-shirts, please visit airasia.com/airasiamakna. Meet some AirAsia rebels with a cause: