Jetstar has flagged possible flight disruptions on their services to and from and across Australia between 14th and 20th December 2019. These possible Jetstar flight disruptions are a result of planned industrial actions by Australian Federation of Airline Pilots. Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Asia and Jetstar Pacific flights are not affected.
Possible disruption to flights – details
Jetstar has issued the following official statement:
….. Industrial Action will start with 4-hour work stoppages by about 80% of Jetstar’s 800+ flying pilots. Union pilots who fly Jetstar’s narrow-body aircraft, which are mostly used on domestic routes, will not work between 5am to 9am on Saturday December 14 and Sunday December 15. International pilots flying Jetstar’s Boeing 787 Dreamliners will not work between 2.30pm to 6.30pm Saturday or between 9.30am and 1.30pm Sunday. AFAP said no action will be taken from Christmas to New Year, to avoid disrupting holiday plans during that peak period.
What to do if you’re affected
The airline has advised passengers that they are working to minimise the disruption to customers. They have also advised that affected travellers will be contact directly via SMS and email.
- Make sure your contact details are up to date. Do this is via Manage My Booking.
- Check your insurance. You may not be covered if:
- The delay is less than 4 hours
- You have a connecting flight on another airline
- You have received, or are eligible for compensation from the airline
- Book a new flight or change the affected flight. Change fees may apply.
Jetstar has advised that their Travel Alert will be updated regularly with the latest information. You can also find the Alerts link at the top of the Jetstar Australia website. The link details options offered by the airline for delayed/cancelled flights, as well as a full list of flights that have been cancelled.
Refunds and alternative flights
- Flights cancelled or delayed by more than 3 hours:
- the choice of an alternate flight or a refund
- Customers who have to overnight away from home as a result of this disruption:
- accommodation and meals to a specified value
- Cancellation due to uncertainty:
- Request a refund by contacting Jetstar on live chat. Click on the ‘Chat Now’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Move your flight forward to travel between now and 13th December at no additional cost.
This Post Has 0 Comments