Recently announced changes to the Woolworths Rewards program are set to give Qantas Frequent Flyers another way to add Qantas Points every time they shop.
Beginning 31st August 2016, Qantas Frequent Flyers will earn points Woolworths Points for both online and in-store purchases at Woolworths Supermarkets and BWS. Frequent Flyers will also be able to increase their points tally through special offers and fuel purchases at 530 Caltex Woolworths petrol stations throughout Australia.
There are a few conditions and you won’t earn Woolworths Points on the purchase of gift cards, tobacco or mobile recharges.
If you don’t already have a Qantas card, signing up isn’t difficult.
A summary of the changes
- Qantas Points will be credited at a minimum rate of 0.43 points for $1 spent at Woolworths Supermarkets, Caltex Woolworths Petrol (except those with a Star Mart or Star Shop) and BWS. This removes the previous restriction where points could not be earned if a fuel discount voucher was used.
- There’s no minimum amount to spend before you earn Qantas Points, an improvement from the previously required minimum of $30.
- All shoppers earn Woolworths Points. Frequent Flyers can opt-in to convert these to Qantas Points at a rate of 2,000 Woolworths Points to 870 Qantas Points.
- Frequent Flyers who choose not to opt-in will receive money off their shopping rather than earning Qantas Points. Opt-in must be done online through the Woolworths website to convert Woolworths Points to Qantas Points.
- Qantas and Woolworths will work together to tailor special points offers to Frequent Flyers in addition to bonus offers available to all shoppers in-store.
- Frequent Flyers can increase their Qantas Points balance more quickly by using a credit card linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program when paying for their shopping.
- If you are a Woolworths shopper, you can join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program for free.