If you’re flying this Hari Raya Aidilfitri, whether to ‘Balik Kampung’, escape for a few days, or if you didn’t know there’s a festival on with lots of people on the move over the next couple of weeks…
Here’s a check list with a few ideas from AirAsia to help you get through the airport smoothly and on to that flight in time.
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your flight. (If you have bags to drop, there will likely be long queues so give yourself time to spare.Baggage Drop counters close 60 minutes before flight departure for all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights.)
- Use Web, Mobile or Self Check-In Kiosk services to do Self check-in. (You can make use of the Web, Mobile or Self Check-In Kiosk services which are available from 14 days before your flight, up to 1 hour prior to departure for all AirAsia flights, and up to 4 hours for all AirAsia X flights.)
- Print out boarding passes before arriving at the airport. (This will allow you to head straight for the Departure area once you arrive at the airport unless you have baggage to drop)
- With all the extra passengers, many of whom may not be familiar with the particular airport, you can expect congestion at the security scanning, baggage clearance and immigration checkpoints.
- For guests with group bookings, reduced mobility or with special needs will need to check-in at the counter and should allocate more time to clear all travelling formalities. If you need extra assistance, ask AirAsia’s ground staff who will be available at the airport to assist. all guests with their travelling needs and to ensure a pleasant journey for everyone throughout the celebrations.
- AirAsia also reminds passengers that hand carry baggage is limited to a maximum of 7kg and to ensure that your check-in baggage is within the weight you have pre-booked. If you find you have more you can purchase more baggage allocation via ‘Manage My Booking’ up to four hours before scheduled departure time on the AirAsia website, through the AirAsia mobile app on iPhone and Android devices, or the AirAsia mobile site.
- If you haven’t pre-booked a meal, you can still do so using ‘Manage my Booking, up to 24 hours before you fly.
Along with AirAsia, we at EconomyTraveller would like to wish everyone a Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and happy holidays.