Malaysia Airlines has introduced enhanced Economy fare options, giving customers greater flexibility in choosing their fare requirements. Previously only available for domestic, ASEAN and South Asian destinations, the option has been extended to most international routes.
Economy fare options
The new Economy fare options for international routes are available from 22nd June 2020, except for Japan, Jeddah and Madinah.
The three fare options – Lite, Basic, Flex, offer the privileges and services of flying Malaysia’s premier full-service carrier across all fares and come with cabin baggage up to 7kg. Regardless of the fare band selected, passengers will still receive complimentary beverages and snacks or meals depending on the route and in-flight entertainment.
Malaysia Airlines Group CEO Captain Izham Ismail said the changes were made in response to customer feedback, adding that
……. With the world slowly recovering from the brunt of the COVID-19 pandemic, and as our passengers begin to travel again, Malaysia Airlines seeks to take them to the skies without the burden of worry, with a truly hassle-free experience. …….. With this we hope to instill a sense of confidence and trust in them to Fly Malaysia once again. Captain Izham Ismail
**Neighbour-Free Seat is subject to local International Social Distancing (ISD) regulations.
Economy fare options summary
Offers flexibility, simplicity and convenience
- 35kg of check-in baggage
- Flexibility of travelling earlier on the day of travel
- Subject to flights/seats availablity
- Ease of changing travel dates, refunds and rebooking entitlements
- Priority Check-In
- Boarding and Baggage privileges
- Neighbour Free Seat (NFS)
- now available on all flights at 50% off
- 10% discount on the next Economy Flex purchase
Enjoy the full-service carrier experience, with
- 20kg of free check-in baggage
- Enrich benefits
- including Enrich Miles upgrades
The most utilitarian option for traveller needs:
- Perfect for day-trippers, commuters, and business travellers
- No check-in baggage
- Seamless travel with no bag drop/collection
- Just be at the boarding gate on time
Shuttle Eligible Routes
Passengers travelling on the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore-Kuala Lumpur route, have three fare brands, Lite, Basic and a special Shuttle fare.
The Shuttle fare is specially caters to
- Regular passengers who
- make multiple trips on the route
- need more flexibility in their travel plans
The Shuttle fare offers all benefits of the Flex brand fare including
- check-in baggage of up to 35kg
- priority check-in at dedicated counters.
Book your tickets on Malaysia Airlines’ official website at malaysiaairlines.com or via the airline’s mobile app and appointed agents. Save time at the airport. Check-in online or by using the mobile to reduce interaction and avoid queues at the airport. This is especially important for passengers travelling on domestic and regional routes.
- Check entry and exit requirements before your journey as travel restrictions remain in place in most countries.
- Observe the airline’s safety and health protocols in place on ground prior to departure.
Click to get the latest Fare schedule info.