AirAsia is rolling out end-to-end contactless procedures for essential travel as part of their continuing move towards digital processes. This initiative is currently set up at contactless kiosks in klia2 in Malaysia, with other airports to follow soon.
Contactless procedures on AirAsia
Procedures currently available for essential travel include:
- at the airport
- contactless payments
- contactless kiosks,
- passenger Reconciliation System (PRS)
- enhanced features on its mobile app.
With current concerns during the Covid-19 pandemic, these moves help ensure a smooth and safe travel experience.
The airline has set up contactless payment options at kila2, which will be added progressively at other airports.
- These include
- Wave payments for AliPay
- WeChat Pay
- available soon
- Touch N Go
Contactless kiosks are available at all operating airports across Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Japan.
- Check-in online on airasia.com or through the mobile app
- Print your boarding pass and baggage tag
- Proceed to baggage drop counter
Passenger Reconciliation System (PRS)
Initially available at klia2, followed by other airports in Malaysia where AirAsia operates.
- The PRS is a digitised boarding pass that is scanned AVSEC (aviation security)
- This ensures no boarding pass exchange between passengers and security staff.
- For printed boarding passes, AirAsia has also digitised the boarding process
- These are scanned at the boarding gate instead of collecting stubs of physical passes
AirAsia’s mobile app enhancement
Planned to be available by the end of May, passengers can scan their passports using the app itself. Future plans include progressive addition of other features including travel visa scanning capabilities.
AirAsia has implemented several new safety measures for essential travel.
- Social distancing markers
- Allstars wearing personal protective equipment
blockquote right=”pull-right” cite=”AirAsia Group Chief Operations Officer Javed Malik”] …… The safety of our guests and Allstars is our utmost priority and these additional enhancements demonstrate our continued commitment to keeping flying safe in the new normal environment for air travel.[/blockquote]
For more information please visit here.