The Bus Rapid Transit, BRT Sunway Line links the Kelana Jaya LRT service to the Port Klang Line Komuter Train (KTM) via Bandar Sunway, in Petaling Jaya Malaysia. The closed link gives easy access to the Klang Valley integrated transport system to a high growth area, with multiple services. You can, therefore, plan your journey from anywhere along the MyRapid network to enable an integrated journey.
The 5.4km long elevated roadway allows the electric buses to move freely on dedicated roads within the townships of Bandar Sunway and Subang Jaya. From the stops along the route, travellers can access popular Shopping areas, Malls, a Hospital, an International School, Universities and Theme parks.
BRT Sunway Line
There are seven stops along the line, each of which is a high traffic area, for both people and vehicles. As such, traffic jams are frequent and finding parking can be difficult and expensive. Apart from servicing nearby residential areas, the stations allow easy access to public amenities and other Klang Valley public transport options.
- USJ7 LRT Station is close to The Summit Mall and Segi College. The LRT connection gives you wide access across its network including the KTM Station at Subang, the Ampang LRT line or bus to KLIA/klia2 at Putra Heights.
- South Quay – serves a residential area, but close to Summit USJ Mall and two major supermarkets.
- SunU-Monash Station gives access to Monash University and Sunway University
- SunMed Station is the closest station to Sunway Medical Centre
- Sunway Lagoon Station makes it easy to reach to Sunway Resorts Hotel, Sunway Lagoon, Sunway Pyramid and The Pinnacle via the connecting, elevated walkways.
- Mentari Station serves a busy business and shopping area, across the New Pantai Expressway from Sunway Pyramid.
- Sunway-Setia Jaya Station services a business and residential area and is a connecting station for Port Klang Line Komuter Train between Kuala Lumpur and Port Klang. This station is not as well appointed as the Subang Station and not easily accessible for non-mobile travellers as there are no lifts or ramps.
Frequency and fares
Buses run at regular intervals. This is the current operating hours and frequency of service. You can check for any changes to schedule or fares HERE.
|Operating Hours (Peak and Off-Peak Period)||Weekdays||Saturday||Sunday & Public Holidays|
|First Bus||6.00 am||6.00 am||6.00 am|
|Last Bus||12.00 am||12.00 am||12.00 am|
|Weekdays: 6 minutes interval during peak-hours and 8 minutes interval during off peak-hours|
|Weekends: 10 minutes interval during peak-hours and off peak-hours|
The fares shown in the table are the fare paid for purchase of a cash ticket. You can go cashless if you have a TnG card (Touch & Go). My TnG card was debited RM2 for the trip between Sunway Lagoon and Setia Jaya.
If you have joined the BRT directly at USJ, by transferring from the LRT service, both stages of the journey will be calculated together. My trip from Subang Jaya LRT Station to Sunway Lagoon cost RM4.50, a significant saving over two separate trips.
For concession card holders (students, OKU, senior citizens) 50% discount applies.
|Station / Stesen||Sunway – Setia Jaya||Mentari||Sunway Lagoon||SunMed||SunU – Monash||South Quay||USJ 7|
|Sunway – Setia Jaya||RM1.60||RM2.30||RM3.00||RM3.60||RM4.50||RM5.40|
|SunU – Monash||RM3.60||RM3.00||RM2.30||RM1.60||RM2.50||RM3.30|
|South Quay – USJ 1||RM4.50||RM3.90||RM3.20||RM2.50||RM1.80||RM2.70|
Senior citizens, those with disabilities and students are eligible for 50% off with a MyRapid Concession card. Download the application form and submit with your documents at their office at Pasar Seni.
Take a ride with us as we travel from the USJ7 Station to Sunway Pyramid and then on to the Setia Jaya KTM station.images©ET