Demand for air travel is improving and AirAsia has updated its cabin baggage allowance, effective 7th July 2020. Travellers are allowed two (2) pieces of cabin baggage not exceeding a total weight of 7kg.
Cabin baggage allowance
You may carry:
- One (1) cabin bag not exceeding 56cm (H) x 36cm (W) x 23cm (D) / maximum linear of 115cm
- This must fit in the overhead storage compartment in the aircraft cabin,
- One (1) laptop bag or one (1) small bag not exceeding 40cm (H) x 30cm (W) x 10cm (D) / maximum linear of 80cm
- This piece must fit under the seat in front of you
For more information about the latest updated cabin baggage allowance, please visit this page.
Be warned, they can and often do, weigh your bags at the entrance to the Departure Lounge.
If you have more than the allowable limit,
- you will be asked to either
- remove some items,
- pay to check the bag in.
- You will pay an excess baggage fee.
If you wish to travel with more than the permitted cabin baggage limit are recommended to pre-book your checked baggage allowance prior to the flight. Baggage purchase or upgrade can be done on airasia.com or the AirAsia mobile app up to 4 hours to departure time.
For cabin baggage allowance available from various airlines, check our story here.
Have a safe and comfortable flight
Arrive early at the airport – preferably 3 hours before departure. This gives enough time to complete all the new processes and reach your boarding gate on time.
AirAsia complies with all advice and regulations from government and health authorities The airline has also implemented end-to-end contactless procedures and new safety measures. Special measures for taking care of those most at risk ensures the safety of all passengers. Please visit this link to learn more about AirAsia’s measures to keep flying safe for everyone.
This Post Has 0 Comments