Hua Hin will be AirAsia’s seventh destination in Thailand since the airline chose Phuket as their first international destination in 2003.
The airline offers four times weekly direct flights from Kuala Lumpur, starting 18th May 2018. AirAsia flies to all Asean countries with a wide network connecting many smaller locations, in addition to major destinations.
Spencer Lee, Head of Commercial, AirAsia Malaysia made reference to this, adding
…. Thailand was ranked ninth among the world’s most visited countries by the United Nation’s World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) report published in 2017. Hence, we are positive that Hua Hin will be the new preferred holiday destination and hope that the new route will further contribute to the tourism growth for both cities.
Fare offer to Hua Hin
In conjunction with the announcement, AirAsia is offering promotional all-in, one-way fares from MYR79 until 4th March for travel between 18th May and 26th October 2018. Bookings can be made on airasia.com and on AirAsia’s mobile app.
AirAsia Malaysia currently operates 165 weekly flights one way to Thailand. Besides Hua Hin, you can also fly to six other destinations in Thailand including
- Bangkok (80 times weekly),
- Phuket (35 times weekly),
- Krabi (21 times weekly),
- Hat Yai (7 times weekly),
- Chiang Mai (14 times weekly), and
- Pattaya (4 times weekly).
What can I do in Hua Hin?
The city is about 3 hours car ride from Bangkok, on the western side of the Gulf of Thailand. It gained popularity from early last century when the Thai Royal family favoured the location for holiday breaks.Thus it is known as a royal beachside town and you can enjoy associated historical landmarks.
In and around Hua Hin, why not
- Relax at Hua Hin beach,
- Enjoy Asia’s first water jungle at Vana Nava Water Park,
- Try your bargaining skills at the open-air Hua Hin night market or
- Revisit the experience of 1950s Hua Hin at Plearn Wan Village,
You can also visit the oldest railway station in Thailand, the iconic Hua Hin Railway Station.
Check out nearby attractions in Cha Am, Pranburi and Sam Roi Yod districts:
- Cha Am has a number of picture-perfect themed attractions such as
- Camel Republic,
- Santorini Park,
- The Venezia, and
- Swiss Sheep Farm.
- Pranburi is the place for a complete hideaway experience. Explore the scenic Pala U waterfall,one of the highest waterfalls in Thailand about 60km west of Hua Hin.
- Sam Roi Yod National Park is the first marine national park of Thailand. Among the top spectacular places to see are
- Khao Daeng Canal,
- Phraya Nakhon Cave and
- Thung Sam Roi Yot Freshwater Marsh .
Flight Schedule Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – Hua Hin (HHQ)
|Route||Flight No||Departure||Arrival||Flight Frequency|
|Kuala Lumpur – Hua Hin||AK830||1000hrs (10am)||1100hrs (11am)||Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday|
|Hua Hin – Kuala Lumpur||AK831||1130hrs (11.30am)||1435hrs (2.35pm)|
*Promotional fares quoted are inclusive of taxes and fees. Terms and conditions apply.