- Shazmin Hashim, Syamil Fazwan and Muhammad Nur Hazimin, from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Lee Bao En from UCSI University
- Liew Suet Yi, Ong Pei Yin, and Ter Mei Ching from Esmod Kuala Lumpur The One Academy
- Nur Irsalina Sulzaily from Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
- Andy Yeo Kai Seh and Foo Yee Ming from Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA).
The Top Ten were selected based on their originality, creativity, design, stage presentation and consistency in their proposed collection with the top three being revealed at the Grand Final in conjunction with the KL Fashion Week Ready To Wear programme in August.
AirAsia’s Most Promising Designers 2015 will take home a swathe of prizes including an AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search trophy, return flights to either Tokyo, Sydney or Hong Kong, up to 60,000 AirAsia BIG Points each, a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 laptop each and the opportunity to showcase a full collection at KL Fashion Week RTW 2016.
The designer search received an overwhelming response, with nearly 350 submissions from young aspiring fashion students and designers nationwide. Sixty-two designers were shortlisted to present their inspiration and sketches to the panel of judges, Aireen Omar, CEO of AirAsia Berhad, Andrew Tan, Founder of KLFW RTW, fashion industry notables Khoon Hooi and Jovian Mandagie and the Editor of EH! Magazine, Khairul Abidin Ishak.
See our earlier story HERE.
AirAsia is the Preferred Travel Partner for the upcoming KLFW RTW 2015.