AirAsia has announced the signing of a memorandum of agreement (MoA) to offer more convenient and affordable travel to staff and students of 20 public universities in Malaysia.
The 20 Public Universities that are part of the MoA are:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangasa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris(UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Univesiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
The initiative will utilise the AirAsia ‘Waran Perjalanan Udara Awam’ (WPUA) which will make these fares accessible to more than 650,000 staff members and students of the universities.
The MOA was signed between AirAsia Berhad CEO Ms Aireen Omar and the vice chancellors and representatives of the universities and was witnessed by top Education Ministry officials.
In a statement issued on 5th May 2015, AirAsia said “AirAsia’s WPUA is a special programme catered to the members of government agencies and statutory bodies in the country. In line with the government’s call to promote prudent spending, WPUA is specially designed by AirAsia with the lowest cost in mind, to allow government servants to travel and perform their duties to the public efficiently without excessive costs.”
Benefits of the AirAsia ‘Waran Perjalanan Udara Awam’ (WPUA)
Members of government agencies, statutory bodies including public universities under the WPUA programme can enjoy privileges including
- flexible flight booking and flight change
- complimentary baggage allocation up to 40 kg
- in-flight meals and seat selection
- waived service counter fees
Guests travelling under WPUA programme are also covered by the Tune Insurance AirAsia Travel Protection plan.
For more details on the programme and how to make a booking, please contact your University or check the AirAsia website Business/Government tab on the top menu.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Want to know promotion for university student air ticket in July 2015
Hi, We will be posting a new AirAsia offer later this evening for special fares during Ramadan.
But you should check with your university to see if the special fares as per our May 5th story http://economytraveller.com/airasia-offers-more-affordable-fares-to-malaysian-universities/ will get you a better deal.You can also check the link at the bottom of that story.