AirAsia has added a 54th route to its network, following the inaugural flight Kuala Lumpur/Nha Trang on 14th September 2017. The direct daily AirAsia Nha Trang flights give travellers a direct connection to this hidden gem on the Vietnamese coast.
A traditional water canon salute welcomed flight AK204 as it pulled up at the gate in Nha Trang at 11.35am. Passengers on board the almost full flight included a group of Malaysian, Australian and Singaporean media who will check out the things to do and see in Nha Trang.
Why visit Nha Trang?
Nha Trang is the capital of the coastal Khánh Hòa Province, with a strong cultural heritage. It’s a modern city with links to a colonial past. You can enjoy such diverse activities as:
- Sun, sand and sea – discover the beautiful bays with white sandy coastlines and blue waters.
- Historical cultures – visit the remaining Cham ethnic minority ruins on a hill overlooking the Nha Trang fishing villages at Po Nagar Cham Towers.
- Enjoy – a fun day out at the Vinpearl Land Amusement Park and ride the 3,320-metre long cable car system with spectacular sea views.
- The colonial past – check out the Nha Trang Cathedral with French Catholicism influence.
- Relax – with a dip in natural hot springs or mud bath.
- Eat – the popular street food, including local specialties such as the can cake snack, jellyfish noodles and bird’s nest soup.
Spencer Lee, Head of Commercial for AirAsia Berhad spoke to guests at the arrival press conference – .
…. Vietnam is a key market for us and we are humbled to be able to continue to provide more connectivity between Vietnam and Malaysia. Nha Trang is a great addition to our network and we see a good potential in the destination ……… We have decided to increase our Fly-Thru routes benefiting travellers from the region and beyond to visit the coastal city. Spencer Lee
Want to Fly-thru to Nha Trang?
With this optional service, guests can now travel to Nha Trang seamlessly from 8 countries and 23 cities. These include, in Malaysia – Johor Bahru, Penang, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Langkawi. You can Fly-thru from Singapore, or Jakarta, Bali, Bandung and Surabaya in Indonesia. Passengers from China – Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Changsha, Xi’an and Wuhan can make the connection. Likewise, you’re easily on your way through from Melbourne, Gold Coast, Sydney, Perth, Maldives, Colombo or Tiruchirappalli.
AirAsia also offers connections from Kuala Lumpur to other cities in Vietnam including Ho Chi Minh City with forty-two weekly flights; Da Nang with ten and Hanoi with eleven flights weekly.
Flight Schedule: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL) – Nha Trang, Vietnam (CXR)
|Flight No||From||To||Departure||Arrival||Flight Schedule|
|AK205||CXR||KUL||1200 (12 midday)||1515 (3.15pm)||Daily|
Spencer Lee, with Fam Lee Ee, Board of Directors for AirAsia Berhad; and Nguyen Th? Le Thanh, Vice Director of Khanh Hoa Department of Tourism, Vietnam