Singapore Airlines has unveiled its new A380 cabin products, following a four year development programme. The new products will be retro-fitted in its existing 14 Airbus A380s, starting this December. This will ensure product consistency across the Airline’s entire A380 fleet and ride on the theme “Space made personal, experience the difference”. Passengers flying in the five new A380 aircraft entering the fleet in December will be the first to enjoy the experience.
The new A380 cabin products
Designed to provide more space and privacy in all classes, the new features are designed especially for Singapore Airlines’ customers. The new A380 will be configured with 471 seats across four classes. Apart from six Suites and 78 Business Class seats on the upper deck, the main deck will cater for Premium Economy and Economy Class passengers. The research, design, development and installation of the new products on all nineteen Singapore Airlines A380s represents an investment of about USD850 million.
The improved design of the 343 Economy Class seats, designed and built by RECARO, offers more space and greater comfort. This has been achieved by using advanced technology and placing emphasis on ergonomics.
The resulting main features are:
- More legroom and back support.
- A six-way adjustable headrest with foldable wings.
- Updated and contemporary fabric seat cover design.
Passengers who look forward to the KrisWorld in-flight entertainment will enjoy:
- An 11.1″ touch-screen monitor, eliminating the need for handsets
- Convenient access for customers who wish to catch the latest movies on KrisWorld.
- KrisWorld is Singapore Airlines’ award-winning in-flight entertainment system.
Other features include
- A patented non-intrusive reading light installed underneath the seatback screen.
- Personal storage space for small personal items.
- A coat hook.
- In-seat power supply and
- Ergonomically designed footrest with adjustable positions.
Premium Economy Class
The 44 Premium Economy Class seats also come with a contemporary and stylish design. The main features include:
- A 19.5″ wide seat, 8″ recline and 38″ seat pitch.
- An enhanced in-flight entertainment experience.
- Active noise-cancelling headphones and
- A sleek 13.3-inch full HD monitor.
Other features include
- Full leather finishing.
- Calf-rest and foot-bar for every seat.
- Individual in-seat power supply.
- Two USB ports.
- Personal in-seat reading light and cocktail table and
- More stowage space for personal items.
The Premium Economy Class seat is manufactured by ZIM Flugsitz GmbH and customised by design firm JPA Design.
FACT SHEET – SIA’s new A380 Cabin Products
|Premium Economy Class||Economy Class|
|Layout||2-4-2 (on main deck)||3-4-3 (on main deck)|
|IFE Screen Size||13.3″||11.1″|
|AC Power Supply and USB Charging Ports||In-seat||In-seat|
Book your seat on a Singapore Airlines flight at www.singaporeair.com.
This Post Has 0 Comments