AirAsia has announced increased flight frequencies to Kunming, Yunnan from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Kunming is the capital and largest city in Yunnan Province, located in Southwest China. The increase doubles the number of flights available from both cities to the ‘City of Eternal Spring’ – 2 flights daily.
Promo fares to Kunming, Yunnan
Two flights daily will be available from Kuala Lumpur starting 19th December 2017 and from Bangkok beginning 16th January 2018.
- Pick up a promo fare Kuala Lumpur to Kunming until 17th December 2017 for immediate travel until 30th June 2018.
- One-way, all-in fares start from MYR 179.
- Book online at www.airasia.com or use AirAsia’s mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
AirAsia flies out of Kuala Lumpur’s klia2 and Kunming’s Changshui International Airport. *Promotional all-in-fares quoted are for one-way travel only inclusive of taxes and fees. Terms and conditions apply.
What can I do in Kunming?
Known as the ‘Spring City’ or City of Eternal Spring, Kunming enjoys a pleasant climate throughout the year. In and around the city are numerous sites and attractions for visitors to enjoy.
In the city itself has some great places to visit:
- The Golden Horse Square has two large arches, one decorated with golden roosters, the other with golden horses. Go in the early morning when the locals are out, doing mass exercises.
- The Kunming Shuncheng Street Mosque is close to the Golden Horse Square. This mosque, one of many in the city, was first built in 1425 during the Ming Dynasty. It has been rebuilt and enlarged many times since.
- Green Lake Park is a great place for a walk. One of the surprises is the huge number of seagulls here, so far inland.
- Take a chair lift to the temple at Western Hill Dragon Gate, a great place for people with mild vertigo.
- The East & West Pagodas are at opposite ends of a busy city pedestrian street. Guess which one has a lean?
- Visit the Kunming Jiameng Flower Market, in the Guandu area of the city where there are many cut flowers of all types for sale. You can also pick up plants and various local snacks on your way out.
Want go out of town?
- Head eastwards to visit the huge UNESCO World Heritage listed Stone Forest in Shilin. These limestone karsts are very impressive and are close to the Alu Caves in nearby Luxi County.
- The area of the Stone forest, Shilin Yi Autonomous County, is home to the ethnic minority Yi people. You can meet many of the people as you walk in the gardens.
- As you fly in to Kunming look out for the Dongchuan Red Land, south east of the city. These terraced fields are specially colourful in late autumn/early winter and late spring/early summer.
In addition to flights from Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok, AirAsia will begin daily direct flight from Phuket to Kunming on 1st February 2018.
Current Schedule for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL) – Kunming, China (KMG):
|Kuala Lumpur – Kunming||AK101||13:10 (1.10pm)||16:55 (4.55pm)||Daily|
|Kunming – Kuala Lumpur||AK102||17:55 (5.55pm)||22:00 (10pm)||Daily|
Additional frequency commencing 19th December 2017
|Kuala Lumpur – Kunming||AK103||21:35 (9.35pm)||01:25 (1.25am) next day||Daily|
|Kunming – Kuala Lumpur||AK104||02:30 (2.30am)||06:35 (6.35am)||Daily|
This Post Has 0 Comments