Just in time for Chinese New Year holidays, Air Asia is connecting Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia and Wuhan in Hubei Province in China with daily flights expected to begin on 22nd January 2016, subject to regulatory approval. This flight adds a direct link to the present service offered via Kuala Lumpur.
In conjunction with the launch, all-in-fares promotional fares are being offered for sale until 1st November 2015, between Kota Kinabalu (BKI) and Wuhan (WHI) with all-in, one-way fares starting from RM88 for travel between 22nd January and 29th October 2016.
Why visit Wuhan?
- Wuhan is the capital of the Hubei province in Central China with a story stretching back to the times of The Three Kingdoms dynasty.
- It is a gateway to historical attractions like the Ancient Chibi Battlefield also known as the Red Cliffs, depicting the epic war during that dynasty.
The area is home to
- Enshi Grand Canyon, a natural site with many scenic areas.
- Yandi Shennong Mountain, one of the best preserved primeval forest zones in China.
- In the city of Wuhan, visit the Yellow Crane Tower, an ancient tower which has been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times but still maintains its old world charm.
- Wuchang lake, which is the largest lake within a city in China.
Why Visit Kota Kinabalu?
- Apart from the beautiful diving spots aound Sabah state, of which Kota Kinabalu is the capital, visitors can enjoy meeting the local wildlife at eco-resorts in remote areas like Kinabatangan or Sepilok Sanctuary in Sandakan.
- Kota Kinabalu is also the jumping off spot for hiking and climbing trips to Mt Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia.
*Promotional fares are inclusive of taxes and fees.
Flight Schedule for Kota Kinabalu – Wuhan:
|Kota Kinabalu – Wuhan||AK 2131||6:55pm||11:10pm||Daily|
|Wuhan – Kota Kinabalu||AK 2130||11:55pm||04:05am|