With Hari Raya 2018 just round the corner, AirAsia is adding 43 extra flights between 8th and 25th June 2018.
Hari Raya 2018 – extra flights
The extra flights benefit travellers to and from Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru and Kuching and various destinations.
Flights from Kuala Lumpur to
- Alor Setar – from 31 to 38 times weekly one way
- Langkawi – from 61 to 65 times weekly one way
- Kuala Terengganu – from 35 to 39 times weekly one way
- Kota Bharu – from 56 to 63 times weekly one way
- Bandar Seri Begawan – from 14 to 17 times weekly one way
Johor Bahru to
- Tawau – from 4 to 7 times weekly one way
- Kota Kinabalu – from 14 to 18 times weekly one way
- Miri – from 3 to 6 times weekly one way
- Sibu – from 7 to 11 times weekly one way.
Flights from Kuching to Sibu will increase from 21 to 25 times weekly one way.
AirAsia is offering all-in, one-way fares until 3rd June for travel period between 4th June and 30th October 2018.
- Domestic flights to a number of popular destinations are on offer, including:
- Kuala Lumpur (fares start from MYR 40 one-way to:
- Alor Setar,
- Johor Bahru
- Fares start at MYR 75 one-way from Kuala Lumpur to East Malaysia destinations including:
- Kota Kinabalu,
- This promotional is also available for direct flights from other hubs, including Johor Bahru, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu and Penang.
International destinations are also available until 3rd June 2018 for travel period between 1st and 30th June 2018.
- AirAsia Malaysia (flight code AK) has all-in, one-way fares from MYR 60* one way from Kuala Lumpur to :
- Phnom Penh,
- Hua Hin,
- Ho Chi Minh City,
- AirAsia X (flight code D7) is offering all-in, one-way fares, with tickets starting from MYR 129 from Kuala Lumpur to destinations including:
- Jeju and
*Promotional all-in-fares quoted are for one-way travel only inclusive of taxes and fees. Terms and conditions apply.
Keep your travel smooth
There are lots of ways to make your travel smooth, with just a little planning
Allow plenty of time
- Arrive at the airport earlier at least three (3) hours prior to departure time for all AirAsia flights to avoid the expected congestion.
- Check-in counters close
- Sixty (60) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time for international flights
- Forty-five (45) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time for domestic flights.
- During this period, klia2 check in counters for both international and domestic flights will close sixty (60) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
Plan your check-in
Conduct Self Check-in from fourteen (14) days and up to one (1) hour prior to departure time via
- mobile app or
- kiosk services
Passengers with group booking, reduced mobility or with special needs must check-in at the counter. Allow extra time to clear all travelling formalities.
Calculate your baggage needs correctly
You’ll pay less if you pre-book to cover all you need. Excess baggage costs are high, but you can add more via ‘Manage My Booking’ or AirAsia mobile app up to 4 hours before departure time.
- Each passenger is only allowed
- ONE (1) piece of main cabin bag on board. (this must not exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23cm)
- ONE (1) small bag not exceeding 40cm x 30cm x 10cm.
- The total permitted weight for TWO (2) pieces of cabin bags must not exceed seven (7) kg
- They should fit in the overhead compartment or under your seat.
Baggage Drop counters close sixty (60) minutes before departure time for all AirAsia flights during peak travel times.
Self Bag Drop machines are also available at airports across Malaysia.
Complete baggage drop and proceed to the boarding gate as early as possible.
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and happy holidays! PS – if you’re flying with kids, especially long haul, here are some tips to make it easier.