The Malaysia Airlines’ travel Hackathon is the latest initiative announced by the airline, with the aim of encouraging programmers, developers and creative designers to develop solutions based on ideas submitted by staff and the public for Malaysia Airlines. With a grand prize of MYR 20,000, there’s a powerful incentive to get those innovative juices flowing!
Malaysia Airlines’ Travel Hackathon Entry details
This is a team event. Participants need to form a team of three to four individuals aged 18 and above and registration may be made through the airline’s dedicated Hackathon website.
Save the dates
- for the Hackathon Pre Hack Day, 10th February
- the Main event, 18th-19th February 2017
Through the theme for the event, ‘Innovate Traveller’s Experience’, Malaysia Airlines’ travel Hackathon aims to encourage members of the digital community to contribute and collaborate with Malaysia Airlines in improving customer experience through the introduction of various innovative solutions. The ultimate goal is to enhance passenger’s travel experience and, at the same time, improve the efficiency of the airline’s operations.
Sign up your team by 25th January 2017, after which where 20 teams will be selected to come together at the two-day event at the Malaysia Airlines Academy (MAA) in Kelana Jaya on the 18th to 19th February 2017 (Hack day).
If your team is selected to participate
- All selected teams will be invited to attend the Hackathon soft launch on the 10th February, where the teams will be able to select their idea from the twenty choices offered.
- This will be accompanied by a briefing on the Application Programme Interface (API) to enable participants to apply in their solutions.
- During the Hack Day, the participating teams will be required to be onsite for two days and present their prototypes to the panel of judges.
The winning team of the Malaysia Airlines’ travel Hackathon stands to take home
- a cash prize of MYR 20,000,
- Economy Class return tickets to London,
- a three month incubation programme in the Malaysia Airlines Innovation Lab.
The winning team will also be granted exclusive entry to the National Big App Challenge 4.0, a Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) initiative.
Hackathon (#MABHackathon) is a project by MAB aimed at harnessing innovation and creativity among its internal talents and the innovation community in Malaysia.