Privacy is an important issue. This website and all associated services were designed with the protection of your privacy in mind. Economy Traveller is not in the business of selling information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and safeguard it, how we use and share the information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
- Economy Traveller collects personal information when you register as a member, whether as a subscriber, forum participant or in any other role.
- Economy Traveller may also collect personal information when you send us information in the form of questions or comments – this information is sent voluntarily by the user.
- Economy Traveller automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- Economy Traveller uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Economy Traveller may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web site. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Economy Traveller.com from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Economy Traveller products or services that require you to “sign in”, for example the community discussion boards. You may also not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Economy Traveller uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your Economy Traveller password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Economy Traveller’s services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Economy Traveller’s content and services.
Economy Traveller does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of this web site with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. When you provide personal information through using this site you are however sharing your personal information with Economy Traveller, organizations that may hold a majority interest in Economy Traveller, their divisions or subsidiaries and, Economy Traveller and any of its divisions or subsidiaries. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
Economy Traveller may use or share your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve Economy Traveller and related products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with Economy Traveller, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted.
Economy Traveller does or may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate our business. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others’ use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
- If there is ever a change to how Economy Traveller uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
Data Collection for Advertising Features
- Economy Traveller utilises Google AdSense for advertising purposes. In addition to this, Economy Traveller may use Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- If you do not wish to have any data collected for the use of Google Analytics, you may opt-out by visiting the following page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. Your user account information is password-protected. Economy Traveller uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
You can edit your user account information at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. You can delete your user account by visiting our Account page. Please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in Economy Traveller’s records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
Alternatively, you can use the contact information provided on the Contact Us page of this website.
In the event that we are still unable to resolve your concerns Economy Traveller is committed to cooperating to achieve a proper resolution of your privacy concerns.
If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by writing us at the above address. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our practices. In some instances, honouring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use the Service or may require us to terminate our relationship with you.
Effective Date: April 7th, 2017